Email a Planner
Permits and Inspections - Permit and Code Info
Acting Planning Director
Planning Department: (402) 444-5150
Housing, Community and Development - (HCD) programs focus on four areas essential to neighborhood revitalization: Housing, Public Facilities, Economic Development, and Services.
- Housing programs help individuals and families – as well as investors -- acquire, improve and maintain housing;
- Public Facility programs permit the development and rehabilitation of public facilities;
- Economic Development programs focus on the development of commercial and industrial properties, the development of micro-enterprise businesses, technical assistance for small businesses and job creation; and
- Services include housing counseling, underwriting, the Lead-Safe Registry and funding for several programs serving the homeless.
Permits and Inspections - The Permits and Inspections section is responsible for the following:
- Receiving, reviewing and approving all building permit applications.
- Administering and enforcing Omaha's development regulations.
- Administering and enforcing zoning codes.
- Administering and enforcing building, electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and signs codes.
Urban Planning - The Urban Planning Division is responsible for the
- Preparation of the elements of the Master Plan
- Neighborhood plans
- Annual building and development summary 2012 or Annual building and development summary 2011
- Present Development Zone Map
- Annexation and capital improvement programming activities
- Review, approval, and inspection of subdivision plats, site plans and commercial/industrial/residential building projects
- Zoning use inquiries, variance and rezoning requests and other code and licensing related information related to property use and development
Urban Planning also administers the Landmarks Heritage Preservation Commission
Floodplain Information - Learn about local floodplain hazards, floodplain development permits and FEMA information
Environment Omaha - Learn about and stay updated on the Environmental Plan.
Developer's Guide - Learn about the regulations, procedures, and permit process for development within the City of Omaha's jurisdiction.
If you need assistance viewing pdf documents on this website, please contact the ADA coordinator by email or call 444-5000.